I spent about 4 1/2 hours today with Chris working on mixes for the Slapshfiter demo. Things are definitely coming together.
I have to be honest and say that there are moments where I honestly wish we would’ve taken less time on this demo than we did. In many ways, it feels a lot more like a record than a demo.
I know that Chris is really a perfectionist about a lot of this stuff and that’s great, but there are times when it is better to be efficient.
That having been said, this is going to be a very good-sounding demo and I know that they really want to sell copies of it to help defer costs for rehearsal rooms, etc. Listening to it today, we just broke down the bass, drums and guitar to get good overall sounds and I think we accomplished that.
I’m happy with my bass on pretty much everything. It is a tad inconsistent because we kept some of my early performances with only a DI as the recording input. It was a little tougher to get that to get it where we wanted than it was with the tracks that had DI plus my cabinet mic’d. But, we did well.
The whole thing gets mastered next week and I’m anxious to hear it for sure.